A service was started at Upper Serangoon Road 4 ½ miles and a small chapel was constructed. The Preacher was Huang Yue Lin.
The church combined with the Bukit Timah Church (now the Glory Presbyterian Church) and the Tek Kar Church (now the Life Presbyterian), Rev Lin Xi was called to be the Pastor of the combined church.
In 1931 there was 18 members. The church building which became unsafe was demolished in 1935 and the congregation met at the attap house (the preacher’s house).
The church was under the responsibility of the Tek Kar Church.
The church came under the responsibility of the Synod.
Approval was obtained to rename Hougang Church to Bethel Church.
Mr Lee Huai Kwang was appointed Preacher. Min Sin School was taken over in June and Mr Lee became the principal.
Purchased property of Min Sin School (approx. 80,000sq.ft.) at Easter. Bethel started worship service at the school hall.
Laying of foundation of new building of Min Sin Primary School.
The 4 storey block of 24 classrooms was completed.
The foundation stone for the new sanctuary was laid. The 17th meeting of the Synod was held at the school.
The new sanctuary was dedicated. The 118th meeting of the Synod was held in the sanctuary. The Synod also celebrated its 80th anniversary at Bethel.
The Synod supported Li Sun High School was located at Min Sin School. The Manse was completed.
The English Service was started.
Mr Lee Huai Kwang relinquished his post as Principal of Sin Min Primary School to be the Moderator of Bethel.
The All Saints Memorial Chapel was completed.
The Synod handed Li Sun to be under the responsibility of Bethel Church.
Deacons were elected from the English Service to join the session.
A Preaching Station was started at All Saints Memorial Chapel. Mr Peter Poon was called as Preacher.
Li Sun High School was relocated at Ang Mo Kio. It was renamed Presbyterian High School. It was then handed over to the Synod.
The registration of All Saints Home was approved (Reg. No ROS 404/86)
All Saints Home was officially opened with 26 beds.
1989 The Mandarin Service started on 1/1/89 with Preacher Lau Min Yaw.
Joined the Teochew-speaking Churches in Singapore & formed the Teochew Evangelistic Outreach Association.
The Land Office approved the public road (lot 497-60) in front of our church to be under our charge & for special use, annual rent S$12/=
Started Bilingual Service with Preacher William Heng.
Started Bethel English Saturday Service with Preacher Carol Ling.